The participants are divided into two groups. One group is asked to form a circle and hold hands. The second group is asked to form another circle outside the first one and also hold hands. Now there are two human concentric circles. The problem is to have the circles exchange places. The inner circle should become the outer circle and vice versa. However this target has to be achieved without letting go of each other’s hands. Once the groups have solved the problem, ask them to interchange places again, but this time the participants cannot use the same technique.
- How did you feel?
- Was this a fun task for your group? Why or why not?
- What was the initial reaction of the group?
- How well did the group cope with this challenge?
- Which creative solutions were suggested and how were they received?
- Did everyone listen to each other’s ideas?
- Did everyone give the same amount of input?
- How did each contribute?
- What were the different behaviours the people showed?
- Based on what did the people show different behaviours?